November 20, 2011

#88 Reading an actual newspaper



Did you know there was once called a  newspaper?.. Of course it was just an exaggeration to get my point across. But the reality is, it is becoming obsolete with the internet and with all the online content available. Well, I grew up with one in the house. My sisters (they were eight of them!) loves reading and buying them. Aside from the classified ads of the Manila Bulletin, when one sibling is looking for work,  newspaper is a regular in the house, most especially the Sunday paper. Well obviously, Philippine Daily Inquirer is favorite of the house. Content and quality nothing beats the Inquirer, maybe during that time. I got introduced to columnists Conrado de Quiros,  Ambeth Ocampo, and Recah Trinidad and followed their columns. The Youngblood column also became my favorite which features twenty something individuals and whatever that concerns them and sometimes an eye opener for me. But my favorite section obviously is sports, reading that standing in the NBA and PBA being a Ginebra fanatic that I am (and maybe eventually my influence why I became sports editor in college) And after the sports is the comics section, where we got entertained by Pol Medina's Pugad Baboy and A. Lipin by Jess Abrera.

Today I got a free newspaper by buying a breakfast meal from Jollibee. It still feels good to read from an actual paper. But there's no slowing  the free information in the internet. The rest should learn to evolve. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using Blogger: