November 22, 2011

#89 The feeling after a good run or workout

After almost more than a year of not running, I muster enough willpower and cleared my schedule, and went out for a run today. Why? I got lots of messages and tweets that I am such a positive person. The last two weeks were so stressful that I wanted to curl up in bed and stay there, and there were moments when a tear is about to fall due to some financial concerns, coping up with lots or work and errands, and some uncontrollable personal problems. Well, I woke up feeling a little down today but instead of wallowing and simmering  in negativity and worrying about what-nots, I go out for a run. I walked/jog about 20 minutes to a park, and run/walk for about an hour. Wow, i haven't felt that feeling in a while. I used to jog everyday but the work schedule has prevented me and I have just transferred to a new home.

The runner's high. The feeling when you can go on anymore, and breathing is so heavy, and sweat is pouring out heavily but you still go on some more. I haven't perspired in a long time. Really. And the feeling afterwards felt great. Its like a dose of feel-good high drug been dosed into me. Tomorrow I'm gonna go for a run again.

Did you know that a exercise can decrease cortisol in the body and increases endorphins, which is the body's feel good chemicals. And also increases oxygen intake in the body. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using Blogger: