October 21, 2011

#40 Beating the traffic light

I am not referring to beating the red light. That is dangerous and you might get caught. I am talking about beating those traffic light timer.

Most of the new traffic light sprouting in the metro, has this countdown timer like the one below, that counts how long you stop (if it is red), and how long traffic can go (if it is green).





There is one traffic light timer like this in a main intersection going to the office that i pass by. Traffic stops to a halt in this intersection. There were several instances where, as the taxi  I was riding was passing the intersection, (it was green) but noticed that it is counting down and winding down... 10, 9 , 8 with a few cars in front still. 7, 6, 5.... am nearing the intersection. Will i make it or will i not? I don't want to wait another 60 seconds.. hehe. And just I was reaching the intersection, 2, 1, 0 yes. Sakto!

Galing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using Blogger: