October 26, 2011

#46 Riding the magic train

My friend dubbed MRT as the "magic train". Why? Well she was able to travel straight from North Avenue in Trinoma to Magallanes in 30 minutes, and she narrated to me the story in an excited and proud way like a child bragging to her parents like she got a gold star in school.

Well I could relate, as MRT once was a part of my daily life for several years. And if you really try that route and used a car or a bus and take EDSA, and that would be excrutiating and miserable 4 hours or even more of your life. Try that on a rush hour traffic, and you would be cursing and pulling out your hair. Hehe. I did try lately using the bus one time going to my sister's house in Batasan, in Quezon City and it took me three hours to arrive coming from Guadalupe.



Epifanio de los Santos Avenue or the ever famous avenue in the country, EDSA, has been labelled the "big parking lot". It is due to the massive volume of vehicles that ply the metro. Without MRT3, a lot of people would be loosing their minds everyday. Consider all those working people coming from the north, working in Makati. For two years, MRT has been my resort daily in commuting from QC to my office then, in Pasong Tamo in Makati.

So if you are going late, try the MRT, as it have direct access to Trinoma, Araneta in Cubao, Shangrila in Ortigas, Megamall and Robinsons Galleria, etc. but then of course be prepare for elbowing, pushing, jostling for position during rush hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment using Blogger: